Re: BEGIN inside transaction should be an error - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bernd Helmle
Subject Re: BEGIN inside transaction should be an error
Date
List pgsql-hackers

--On Mittwoch, Mai 10, 2006 10:14:22 +0200 Mario Weilguni
<mweilguni@sime.com> wrote:

> No, I want that there is a setting or GUC that controls whether an error
> or a  warning is raised when "begin" is executed within a transaction. I
> know of  several php database wrappers that will be seriously broken when
> errors are  raised...

Such a behavior is already broken by design. I think it's not desirable to
blindly do
transaction start or commit without tracking the current transaction state.
So these wrappers
need to be fixed first.

--
                   Bernd